Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
This Institution is recognized by the Govt. of Karnataka, Affiliated to Bangalore University, Approved by AICTE- NEW DELHI and recognized by UGC under 2(F)
BBA Program Overview
B.B.A. or Bachelor of Business Administration program can prepare students to manage companies by teaching subjects such as marketing and human resources. Program emphasizes the development of communications, quantitative reasoning, and business analysis skills. Through BBA courses, students can gain knowledge of business practices and processes, understand the role of economics in the world market and acquire an awareness of global business issues. Additional topics could include: Business theory, Business law and ethics, Economics, Entrepreneurship fundamentals, E-business, Project management.
Address: 175/1, Chandapura, Ramasagara - Dommasandra road, Anekal Taluk, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560099.
Phone: 080 27835561
Value of Degree
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA or B.B.A.) is a bachelor's degree in commerce and business administration. The degree is conferred after three years of full-time study in one or more areas of business concentrations. The BBA program usually includes general business courses and advanced courses for specific concentrations. LORVEN Institutions have Post Graduation/Masters in the field of commerce / business administration like M.Com & MBA, encouraging students for higher studies.
JOBS: Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human resources or Information systems specialist, Company manager, Entrepreneur, Investment banker, Private equity manager, Strategic consultant, Auditor, Investment advisor.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA or B.B.A.) - The degree is designed to give a broad knowledge of the functional aspects of a company and their interconnection, while also allowing for specialization in a particular area. B.B.A. programs expose students to a variety of "core subjects" and allow students to specialize in a specific academic area. The degree also develops the student's practical, managerial and communication skills, and business decision-making capability. Teaching methodology includes training through project work, presentations, visits to industries and even interaction with experts from different fields.
B.B.A. has the duration of three years consisting six semesters. Each academic year shall comprise two semesters starting from July-August to December and January to June. The university conducts the examination at the end of each semester. For each paper 70 marks allotted for university exam and 30 marks for internal assessment.
- 1.1 Language I
- 1.2 Language II
- 1.3 Fundamentals of Accounting
- 1.4 Business Organization and Environment
- 1.5 Quantitative Methods for Business – I
- 1.6 Management Process
- Foundation Course
- CC & EC
- 2.1 Language I
- 2.2 Language II
- 2.3 Financial Accounting
- 2.4 Quantitative Methods for Business – II
- 2.5 Organizational Behavior
- 2.6 Production and Operations Management Foundation Course
- CC & EC
- 3.1 Language I
- 3.2 Soft Skills for Business
- 3.3 Corporate Accounting
- 3.4 Human Resource Management
- 3.5 Services Management
- 3.6 Corporate Environment
- CC & EC
- 4.1 Language I
- 4.2 Business Research Methods
- 4.3 Marketing Management
- 4.4 Financial Management
- 4.5 Business Regulations
- 4.6 Cost Accounting
- CC & EC
- 5.1 Entrepreneurial Management
- 5.2 Computer Applications in Business
- 5.3 Banking Regulations & Operations
- 5.4 Management Accounting
- 5.5 Elective – I
- 5.6 Elective – II
- 6.1 International Business
- 6.2 E-Business
- 6.3 Income Tax
- 6.4 Strategic Management Or Project Report & Viva (Voice)
- 6.5 Elective – III
- 6.6 Elective – IV
BBA Elective Groups
5.5 Advanced Financial Management
5.6 Financial Markets & Services
6.5 Investment & Portfolio Management
6.6 Stock and Commodity Markets
5.5 Consumer Behavior
5.6 Advertising & Media Management
6.5 Brand Management
6.6 Retail Management
HUMAN RESOURCE GROUP
5.5 Employee Welfare & Social Security
5.6 Strategic HRM
6.5 Organizational Change & Development
6.6 Compensation Management
Additional Program Information and FAQ
Other pertinent information.
- Is it full-time/part-time? Full time
- When are classes held? 6 days a week
- Is class online or in-person? In person
- Are there special requirements for students? Mentioned in “Requirements to apply bulleted out.”
- Is there an internship/work placement program? Yes
BBA Application Process
- Applications will be available from May 2017 onwards for the academic year JUL 2017 – MAY 2020.
- Download the application form from the website https://www.lorven.college/admissions/ or collect the application form from the college directly by remitting Rs 300/-
- Fill the application and hand it over at the college office in person or through post.
- Note: if the application form is downloaded directly from the website then a DD worth Rs 300/- has to be attached along with the application form.
- Selection will be based on merit.
Requirements to Apply
- A candidate who has passed 10 + 2 or any other equivalent examination.
- Seats will be allocated on merit.