Master of Business Administration (MBA)
This Institution is recognized by the Govt. of Karnataka, Affiliated to Bangalore University, Approved by AICTE- NEW DELHI and recognized by UGC under 2(F)
MBA Program Overview
The Master of Business Administration (MBA or M.B.A.) is a master's degree in business administration. The core courses in an MBA program covers various areas of business such as accounting, finance, marketing, human resources, and operations in a manner most relevant to management analysis and strategy.
Address: 175/1, Chandapura, Ramasagara - Dommasandra road, Anekal Taluk, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560099.
Phone: 080 27835561
Value of MBA Degree
This core course introduces students to some of the key behavioral topics necessary to manage oneself and others in the organization. LORVEN has the best in class faculty with more than a decade experience in the IT industry from various fields like Finance, Human Resource, Strategic Management and Marketing. Communication & Soft skills are thought in addition to the curriculum.
JOBS: Computer and Information Systems Manager, Financial Manager, Management Consultant, Information Technology Manager, Investment Banker, Investment Fund Manager, Marketing Manager, Strategic Consultant, Banking Jobs, Human Resource Management.
The link between operations and other business functions such as marketing, finance, accounting, and human resources will be emphasized. The major focus of the course is to present operational aspects as a competitive dimension.
MBA has the duration of two years consisting four semesters. Each academic year shall comprise two semesters starting from July-August to December and January to June. The university conducts the examination at the end of each semester. For each paper 70 marks allotted for university exam and 30 marks for internal assessment.
- 1.1 Economics for Managers
- 1.2 Organizational Behaviour
- 1.3 Accounting for Managers
- 1.4 Statistics for Management
- 1.5 Marketing for Customer Value
- 1.6 Business and Industry
- 1.7 Communication Skills
- 2.1 Technology for Management
- 2.2 Managerial Research Methods
- 2.3 Entrepreneurship and Ethics
- 2.4 Human Capital Management
- 2.5 Financial Management
- 2.6 Quantitative Techniques & Operations Research.
- 2.7 Innovation Management
- 3.1 Strategic Management & Corporate Governance
- 3.2 Projects & Operations Management
- 3.3 Elective Subjects: 3 Electives in specialization stream
- 3.9 Open Elective
- 3.10 Project work for 4 weeks
- 4.1 International Business Dynamics
- 4.2 Elective Subjects: 3 Electives in specialization stream
- 4.8 Dissertation for 6 weeks
MBA Elective Groups
3.3.1 Indian Financial System
3.3.2 Corporate Tax Planning and Management
3.3.3 Corporate Valuation and Restructuring
3.4.1 Retailing Management and Services
3.4.2 Consumer Behavior
3.4.3 Rural and Agricultural Marketing
3.5 HUMAN RESOURCES
3.5.1 Learning and Development
3.5.2 Industrial and Employee Relations
3.5.3 Performance Management System
3.6 HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT
3.6.1 Perspectives on Health Care Sector
3.6.2 Management of Public Health Systems
3.6.3 Health Economics
3.7 BANKING FINANCE AND INSURANCE SERVICES MANAGEMENT (BFIS)
3.7.1 Strategic Credit Management in Banks
3.7.2 Insurance Planning & Management
3.7.3 Indian Financial System
3.8 STARTUPS AND SMES MANAGEMENT
3.8.1 Perspectives on Startups and SMES
3.8.2 Basic Management Aspects of Small Business
3.8.3 Establishment of SMES
4.2.1 Investment Analysis and Management
4.2.2 International Financial Management
4.2.3 Risk Management and Derivatives
4.3.1 Strategic Brand Management
4.3.2 International Marketing Strategy
4.3.3 Digital Marketing
4.4 HUMAN RESOURCES
4.4.1 Strategic HRM
4.4.2 International HRM
4.4.3 Talent and Knowledge Management
4.5 HEALTH CARE MANAGEMENT
4.5.1 Basic Management Aspects of Health Care
4.5.2 Strategic Management in Health Care Settings
4.5.3 Management of Hospital Services
4.6 BANKING FINANCE AND INSURANCE SERVICES MANAGEMENT (BFIS)
4.6.1 Banking Technology and Management
4.6.2 International Financial Management
4.6.3 Risk Management for Banks and Insurance Companies
4.7 STARTUPS AND SMES MANAGEMENT
4.7.1 Technology and Innovation
4.7.2 Internationalization of SMES
4.7.3 Management of Startups
Additional MBA Program Information and FAQ
Other pertinent information.
- Is it full-time/part-time? Full time
- When are classes held? 6 days a week
- Is class online or in-person? In person
- Are there special requirements for students? Mentioned in “Requirements to apply bulleted out.”
- Is there an internship/work placement program? Yes
MBA Application Process
- Applications will be available from June 2017 onwards for the academic year AUG 2017 – JUL 2019
- Download the application form from our website or collect the application form from the college directly by remitting Rs 500/-
- Fill the application and hand it over at the college office in person or through post
- Note: if the application form is downloaded directly from the website then a DD worth Rs 500/- has to be attached along with the application form.
- Selection will be based on merit.
Requirements to Apply
MBA Admission Policy
- Aggregate of 50% in bachelor's degree in any discipline or equivalent (10+2+3)
- Students appearing in their final semester / year exams are also eligible to apply
- Applicant should have attended one of the following entrance exams i.e CAT I MAT I XAT I ATMA I CMAT /GMAT/PGCET/K-MAT
- 2, 00,000/- for 2 years full time MBA Management Seat which can be paid in 4 installments.
- 1,20,00/- for 2 years for PGCET students which can be paid in 2 installments to the Karnataka Examination Authority
- All other University Fees from time to time like Examination Fees, Eligibility Fees, and Convocation Fees etc are extra.
- Fees should be payable through cheque or DD favoring Principal Lorven International Institute of Management Studies
- Reservation Policy is as per government reservation policy for merit Students.
- In management quota 20% of the seats are reserved for economically backward section for all Castes.
Document Retention policy
- After verification of Documents from the University and Once the Students admission is approved after 1st Semester Examinations all the documents will be returned to the students with due acknowledgement.
Online Grievance Redressal Mechanism
Any grievances should be reported through the mail Id [email protected]