G.N.M. or General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM)
This Institution is recognized by the Govt. of Karnataka, Affiliated to KNC & INC
G.N.M. or General Nursing & Midwifery is a diploma program. Nursing is a discipline that focuses on care, rehabilitation or treatment of patients. The main objectives of the above mentioned actions are- prevention of diseases, rehabilitation and maintaining good health of patients and/or general public. Nurses posses knowledge about patient care, medicines and rehabilitation. They are trained to take care of patients and assist Doctors in supervised or independent setups.
Address: 175/1, Chandapura, Ramasagara - Dommasandra road, Anekal Taluk, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560099.
Phone: 080 27835561
Value of Nursing Degree
GNM is a job oriented course, using which, 12th standard passed students may enter the field of nursing. Nursing is a noble profession. It is a promising area offering diverse job opportunities to male and female aspirants. Nursing is an integral part of healthcare sector. Nurses play an important role in the smooth functioning of various healthcare setups.
JOBS: Nursing jobs at both government and private sectors. Mostly they work in areas like government and private hospitals, nursing homes, old age homes, orphanages, various industries, sanatoriums and armed forces.
GNM is a Diploma course, commonly just known as GNM course.
Duration: The course is 3½ years long. Academic program is of 3 years and 6 months are dedicated towards internship. Internship is mandatory. After completing this course, successful candidates may register themselves as registered nurse or midwife with state nurse registration council or KNC.
Additional Nursing Program Information and FAQ
Other pertinent information.
- Is it full-time/part-time? Full time
- When are classes held? 6 days a week
- Is class online or in-person? In person
- Are there special requirements for students? Mentioned in “Requirements to apply bulleted out.”
- Is there an internship/work placement program? Yes
Nursing Program Application Process
- Applications will be available from May 2017 onwards for the academic year AUG 2017 – DEC 2020.
- Download the application form from the website https://www.lorven.college/admissions/ or collect the application form from the college directly by remitting Rs 300/-
- Fill the application and hand it over at the college office in person or through post.
- Note: if the application form is downloaded directly from the website then a DD worth Rs 300/- has to be attached along with the application form.
- Selection will be based on merit.
Requirements to Apply
- Candidate should have passed PUC/10+2 or equivalent with PCB combination.
- Minimum 40% aggregate marks in PCB.